Pewaukee Lake’s Aquatic Plants

  • Myriophyllum spicatum (Eurasian watermilfoil) Distribution Map (2000).
  • Potamogeton crispus (Curly-leaf pondweed)
  • Ceratophyllum demersum (Coontail)
  • Chara sp. (Muskgrass)
  • Elodea canadensis (Common waterweed)
  • Myriophyllum sibiricum (Northern watermilfoil)
  • Najas flexilis (Slender naiad)
  • Nuphar advena (Yellow pond lily)
  • Nymphaea odorata (White water lily)
  • Potamogeton amplifolius (Large-leaf pondweed)
  • Potamogeton foliosus (Leafy pondweed)
  • Potamogeton gramineus (Variable pondweed)
  • Potamogeton natans (Floating‐leaf pondweed)
  • Potamogeton praelongus (White-stem pondweed)
  • Potamogeton pusillus (Small pondweed)
  • Potamogeton richardsonii (Clasping‐leaf pondweed)
  • Potamogeton robbinsii (Fern pondweed)
  • Potamogeton zosteriformis (Flat-stem pondweed)
  • Stuckenia pectinata (Sago pondweed)
  • Utricularia vulgaris (Common bladderwort)
  • Vallisneria americana (Wild celery)
  • Filamentous algae

This list is from the 2011 Pewaukee Lake Aquatic Plant Survey (.pdf).

Where to Buy Hand-Held Weed Cutters

Aquatic Biologist, Inc
N4828 Highway 45 S.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Fax: 920-921-1690

Grampa Bob’s Pewaukee Classic (.pdf)
1-262-443-6737 Charlie Shong
Easiest to use, lightest weight, Non-fouling Aquatic debris rake.

Lorelberg True Value Hardware
900 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Oconomowoc, WI 53066-3145

225 E Wisconsin Avenue
Oconomowoc, WI 530

Did you know April is “Water Awareness Month”?

Did you know last week was “Fix a Leak Week?”

The Public Service Commission and a growing number of Wisconsin water utilities are promoting water conservation as a way to reduce costs and protect supply. What can I do? Walk through your house and listen for running toilets and look for leaky faucets. To tell if your toilet leaks, place a drop or two of food coloring in the back of the tank. If the color shows up in the toilet without flushing, you have a leak. A leaky faucet that drips at 1 drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons a year.

Spring is here and it’s time for us to investigate sump pump connections to assure there are no discharges to the sanitary sewer system. The District pays the City of Brookfield for the amount of flow that is discharged from our system. If there are illegal sump pump connections (or leaky faucets and toilets) we are cheating ourselves by paying for clear water flows treated at the Brookfield wastewater treatment plant. As our cost go up, the user fees go up, so if you know of a neighbor that is discharging their sump crock into the sanitary sewer, you are paying for it. Contact our office at (262) 691-4485 and we will politely help them re-route their discharges correctly.
[April 2013]